Friday, November 18, 2011

Don't go upper case. SO OBVIOUS.

I have a few friends in my social networks that seem to have problems with editing styles. I'll be more precise, I am not referring to spaces after commas, capital letters when starting a new paragraph or a full stop when introducing a new sentence.

I don't pretend to be the style master at all. But simply, when you greet your community, comment others' posts, appreciate an image or make yourself visible on the network, you really don't need to use capital letters for everything.

WHY DO YOU ONLY USE CAPITAL LETTERS? 
TELL ME WHY??!!

My explanation.
  • Your caps lock is broken
    I see. Write me a line I'll send you 5 dollars to buy a new keyboard.
  • You think your texts are not visible enough
    You're wrong. The universal rule is writing lower case. I admit upper case writing for an exclamation of pure joy, but just from time to time. Unless you're happy the whole time, of course.
  • You need to attract attention
    Go have some beers with your friends. If you don't have, you can drop me a line.
  • You are an artist or a publicist
    I guess your creations are cool, otherwise stop writing and try painting.
  • You have absolutely no idea about communication, education and technology
    Well, it's time to learn how communication has changed, my friend.

Remember, when writing upper case YOU ARE JUST SHOUTING at your readers, that's not pleasant.
That's why each time I read capital letter updates I feel uncomfortable. Please remember:

THE ONLY THING YOU'LL EVER ACHIEVE IS 
TURNING YOUR WRITING INTO SPAM!


No comments:

Post a Comment